Important notes about the island of Vieques
- Prepare to be flexible with your plans and expectations. Please understand that any closures or changes are out of our control.
- There is an urgent care center on the island of Vieques but no hospital. Any major medical issues are handled on main island Puerto Rico with transport either by ferry or flight.
- Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have specific questions. We are happy to provide you with the most updated information we have.
Websites with helpful information:
Hurricane Fiona updates:
- The Guesthouse and Vieques island overall weathered the storm very well and now you likely wouldn't even know there was a storm.
- The Bio Bay is healthy and tour operators are back to giving nightly tours
- Flights and ferries are running on normal schedules
- Mainland Puerto Rico is also open for business as usual. Our prayers go out to the few hard hit areas that are still cleaning up and rebuilding but overall Puerto Rico is open for business. Be sure to confirm any reservations you have there.
- For additional information see https://www.discoverpuertorico.com/ and https://www.discoverpuertorico.com/info/information-about-hurricane-fiona