COVID-19 TRAVEL INFORMATION
All visitors to Puerto Rico are required to complete a digital Travel Declaration Form and show a negative molecular COVID-19 test result taken no more than 72 hours prior. The Travel Declaration Form can be found at:
PLEASE PROVIDE YOUR TRAVEL DECLARATION CONFIRMATION NUMBER TO US AS SOON AS YOU RECEIVE IT!
This will allow us to streamline your check-in process!
The Travel Declaration Confirmation Number will be given to you upon completion of the Travel Declaration Form mentioned above. You can send the information to us via text or WhatsApp at 787-435-1513, or e-mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional websites with helpful information:
- Puerto Rico Department of Health - www.salud.gov.pr/Pages/coronavirus.aspx
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Travel Notices - https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/notices/covid-4/coronavirus-puerto-rico
- San Juan International Airport - english.sjuinsider.com/
- Discover Puerto Rico - www.discoverpuertorico.com/info/travel-guidelines
To help keep our guests and staff as safe as possible from the transmission of COVID-19, The Vieques Guesthouse has implemented numerous safety measures in addition to our standard cleaning procedures. These practices are in compliance with CDC, OSHA, WHO, and Puerto Rico Health Department guidelines to prevent COVID-19 transmission, and include, but are not limited to:
- Minimal interaction between staff and guests
- Masks and social distancing required in all public areas
- Hand sanitizing stations throughout the building's common areas
- As always, all bedding and towels will be changed after each guest
- Additional sanitizing/disinfecting practices in place (regular disinfection of frequently-touched areas, extra attention to surfaces like door handles, remote controls, light switches, etc.)
*****IMPORTANT NOTES ABOUT THE ISLAND OF VIEQUES DURING COVID-19*****
- There is no hospital on the island of Vieques. Any major medical issues are handled on main island Puerto Rico (with transport either by ferry or flight).
- Masks and social distancing are required throughout the island.
- Currently, occupancy of the ferry service between main island Puerto Rico and Vieques is restricted to 30% of its normal capacity. Space is extremely limited, and non-residents must present a negative COVID-19 test prior to boarding.
- Many beaches, restaurants, and shops remain closed (or with limited hours/services) due to COVID-19. Prepare to be flexible with your plans/expectations, as rules and regulations are constantly changing. Please understand that these closures/changes are out of our control.
- There is currently a 10pm-5am curfew in place.
- Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have specific questions about the status of the island, or about a particular beach/restaurant/shop. We are happy to provide you with the most updated information we have.